Recipe of Speedy Rump Steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rump Steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rump Steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These kinds of modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
A lot of electricity is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. In case you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions which might be more than ten years old. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electricity and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F as well as 0F. One more way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, for the reason that the motor won’t have to run as often.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that hard. A lot of it really is merely utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rump steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce recipe. You can have rump steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce using 22 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Rump Steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce:
- Get of fresh thyme.
- Provide of white onions.
- Provide of rump steak.
- Use of shallots.
- Prepare of smoked bacon lardons.
- Prepare of button mushrooms.
- You need of garlic.
- Provide of bay leaf.
- Prepare of carrots.
- Prepare of celery.
- Provide of french red wine.
- Provide of chicken stock.
- Use of brandy.
- Prepare of bouquet garni.
- You need of dijon mustard.
- Get of wholegrain mustard.
- Take of large potatoes.
- Use of cheddar cheese.
- You need of double cream.
- Take of whole milk.
- Get of butter.
- Provide of corn flour.
Instructions to make Rump Steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce:
- preheat oven to 180°F.
- slice the potatoes thinly on a mandolin if you have one.
- parboil the sliced potatoes for 5 minutes.
- simmer 300ml of the double cream with the milk and add 2 chopped cloves of garlic and the wholegrain mustard.
- season the cream to taste and remove from the heat. add half the cheese and some thyme.
- layer the potatoes in a deep baking tray with some of the cheese between each layer and finally use the remaining cheese to top the potatoes..
- put the potatoes in the oven for 40 minutes being careful not to burn the top.
- finely chop one of the onions along with the celery..
- chop 2 cloves of garlic and thinly slice the carrot slightly on an angle.
- peel the shallots and clean the mushrooms.
- In a heavy pan fry the lardons until browned and crispy, add the chopped vegetables, garlic, thyme and dijon mustard.
- fry for ten minutes then add the stock, wine and bouquet garni.
- reduce the sauce by half on a simmer for at least half an hour.
- chop the remaining onions and fry with some thyme in butter for half an hour being careful not to brown.
- after half an hour add 100 ml of the remaining cream to the onions then blitz to a fine puree with a hand blender or food processor.
- season the steak liberally with salt and black pepper.
- mix the cornflour in a little cold water until it dissolves then add to the wine and stock.
- fry the steak on a heavy griddle or pan for five minutes on each side in some butter and olive oil.
- leave to rest for at least five minutes.
- add the resting juices to the stock and wine.
- time to plate up.
- put a thick line of the onion puree on a white plate.
- using a round pastry cutter put a round of the potato at the end of the line of the onion puree.
- liberally drizzle the sauce around the puree with plenty of lardons, mushrooms and carrots.
- put the steak alongside the puree and enjoy.
If you find this Rump Steak with wholegrain mustard dauphinoise, onion thyme puree and bourguignon sauce recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.