Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Classic French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Classic French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Classic French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we need to stay away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be super healthy and good for you. A number of foods really do boost your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Green tea is truly good for your mood. You were simply anticipating to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You knew that green tea helps you be healthier. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood also!
So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to classic french onion soup recipe. You can cook classic french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Classic French Onion Soup:
- Provide 400 gram of white onions.
- You need 1 of dollop of unsalted butter.
- You need 300 ml of vegetable/chicken stock.
- You need as needed of Mixed Herbs.
- Get 1 of Bay leaf.
- Use to taste of Salt and crushed black pepper to season.
- Get 300-350 gm of grated gruyere/parmesan cheese.
- Provide Slices of French Baguette to top.
- Use 2 tablespoon of plain flour.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar/1.5 tablespoon white wine.
Instructions to make Classic French Onion Soup:
- Peel and slice the onions thin and lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add and sauté the onions on low heat.
- Keep stirring in between as the onions brown to avoid burning them.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in another vessel and add the herbs and Bay leaf.
- Strain the stick after 3-4 minutes.
- Once visibly brown, add the flour and mix for a few seconds.
- Next goes in the cider vinegar/ wine.
- Add and sauté the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow the soup to simmer while you season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix and take off heat.
- Spoon the soup equally into oven safe bowls.
- Top with baguette slices and spread a generous amount of cheese covering the surface well.
- Microwave till the cheese melts / even browns a bit.
- Let the bowl cool off slightly till you can handle it.
- Serve while the soup is warm. Enjoy!.
- Watch full recipe video at: https://youtu.be/yWb4ygzX77I.
It was a Saturday evening and we'd just. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe, but here I suggest you stick with the recipe as is. I've made this recipe many times exactly as. Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe!
If you find this Classic French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.