Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
In general, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be extremely healthy and good for you. A number of foods actually do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Grains can be great for driving away a terrible mood. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all good for helping you feel happier. They fill you up better and that can help you with your moods also. It’s not hard to feel low when you feel famished! These grains can help your mood elevate since it’s not at all hard for your body to digest them. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mashed & baked – sweet potatoes & apples recipe. To cook mashed & baked – sweet potatoes & apples you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- Provide 6 of medium-large sweet potatoes.
- Use 8 tbs of butter (divided).
- Use 2 of apples, peeled, cored, and chopped.
- Provide 1/3 cup of brown sugar (divided).
- Take 2 tbs of cinnamon (divided).
- Use 2/3 cup of milk, heated.
- Use 3 tbs of brandy (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbs of all-spice.
- Take 1/4 cup of almonds (or walnuts).
Steps to make Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, cut in half and place in a large pot of boiling salted water, until fork tender, about 40-50 minutes. Drain, and allow to slightly cool, in order to peel..
- While potatoes are boiling, heat a cup of water in a small sauce pan and add the apples. Lightly boil for 10-15 minutes..
- Drain the water and add 3 tablespoons of butter, half the brown sugar, and sauté the apples for 5 minutes. Add a dash of cinnamon..
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees..
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash them using a potato masher. Add the apples and continue to mash..
- Add the rest of the butter, heated milk, and brandy (optional) to the bowl. Blend well with a mixer. While mixing, add the sugar and a dash of cinnamon and all-spice..
- Scoop this mixture into a well-buttered casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow this to cool for a few minutes. Top with crushed walnuts or slivered almonds..
English definition English synonyms English-Spanish English-French English-Italian. mashed; mashing; mashes.
If you find this Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.