Simple Way to Prepare Any-night-of-the-week Mustard Pickles / Piccalilli
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mustard Pickles / Piccalilli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mustard Pickles / Piccalilli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Water is the best beverage out there. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your sole source of hydration, however, is dumb. When you pick out water more than other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthy and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to be forced to eat terrible tasting diet food. Water is often the main element to successful weight-loss and healthfulness.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mustard pickles / piccalilli recipe. To make mustard pickles / piccalilli you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mustard Pickles / Piccalilli:
- Take of kilo vegies (your choice but I use):.
- You need of cauliflower.
- Prepare of red and 1 green small pepper/capsicum.
- Provide of zucchini and or cucumber.
- You need of celery.
- You need of onion.
- Use of mustard powder.
- Provide of curry.
- Provide of tumeric.
- Provide of chili (I put a pinch of flakes but put more or leave out).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Take of water (to soak overnight).
- Take of salt (to soak overnight).
- Take of vinegar, white or cider. Cheap white vinegar works fine.
- Provide of sugar.
- Get of tspn rock or sea salt.
- Take of cornflour (if needed).
Steps to make Mustard Pickles / Piccalilli:
- Dissolve 1/4 cup salt in 1.5 litres of water. Large bowl..
- Finely chop all vegies and place in bowl of salted water. Leave 12 hours or overnight..
- Drain well and rinse then place in pot with 1 litre fresh water and 1/2 tspn salt..
- Simmer til tender, about 20 minutes then drain and put aside..
- In pot put vinegar and sugar. Bring to boil to dissolve then add the mustard, curry, tumeric, chili, salt and pepper..
- Cook until reduced and thicken or mix in a paste of cornflour and water until quite thick. Once cooled it does set some more..
- When done, add the vegies and mix it all in..
- The pickle is now ready. Place in clean jars and if canning, water bath for 10 minutes. Or just put it into the fridge. When canned this pickle will sit on the shelf for at least 1 year..
If you find this Mustard Pickles / Piccalilli recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.