Easiest Way to Make Award-winning Sour Cream Apple Pie
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Probably the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is actually greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. You get the highest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. Mostly, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sour cream apple pie recipe. To make sour cream apple pie you only need 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sour Cream Apple Pie:
- Provide of **PIE CRUST or use store-bought **.
- Get of Flour (150 g).
- You need of Unsalted butter (75 g).
- Take of **SOUR CREAM FILLING**.
- Get of Sour cream (240 ml).
- You need of Sugar (100 g).
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Salt.
- Use of Vanilla.
- Get of Cinnamon.
- Get of Egg.
- You need of small apples (or 2 large), chopped.
- Get of **CRUMBLE TOPPING**.
- Take of brown sugar (1/2 US cup).
- Provide of flour (45 g).
- Prepare of Unsalted butter (60 g or 1/4 cup).
Steps to make Sour Cream Apple Pie:
- Cut 5 Tbsp (75g) chilled butter in little pieces, add 150 g flour and mix hands until crumbly. Add about 2 Tbsp cold water until dough starts to come together..
- Form into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (you can make the dough up to a couple days before hand too!)..
- When ready to use pie dough, flour a large surface and roll out dough with a rolling pin until about 1/4 in (2mm) thick, or big enough to lay over pie dish. Lay over pie dish and gently press into sides and over edges..
- To make cream cheese pie filling, whisk together sour cream, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and egg..
- Peel and chop apples into small pieces. Fill pie dish with pieces..
- Pour sour cream filling over apples..
- Bake at 400F/200C for 25 minutes (the crumbles will be added after 25 minutes and then baked longer).
- Make the Filling: In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and butter cut into small pieces. Mix with fingers until crumbles form. Set in fridge if not using right away..
- Take pie out of oven after 25 minutes and sprinkle over crumble topping..
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes..
- Pull it out of the oven and let cool for 30-60 minutes. Cut off any 'ugly,' uneven edges of the pie crust if you have any!.
If you find this Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.