Recipe of Quick Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is done, most people do not wish to go to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Walk up the stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. This isn’t as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, using the stairs is a superb way to get some extra exercise. Even if you do live or work on one of the top floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will choose to be idle and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are a whole lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to canned sardines in tomato sauce with quick pickled red onions recipe. To cook canned sardines in tomato sauce with quick pickled red onions you only need 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- Get 1 (15 oz.) of can sardines in tomato sauce.
- Take 1 of medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/8" thick) horizontally (against the grain).
- You need 1.5 cups of boiling water.
- Take 1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt (1 in the beginning, and then 1/2 later).
- Take 3 Tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro, parsley, or chives.
Instructions to make Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- Pour the boiling water over the sliced onions, add 1 teaspoonful kosher salt, stir to mix, and let the onions sit for 20 to 25 minutes..
- Drain all the excess liquid and add the rest of the salt (1/2 teaspoon) and lime juice and gently massage as you toss. This will help bring out that beautiful jewel tone of the red onion..
- Chill onions for 15 to 20 minutes before serving if you can..
- Plate sardines, put some onions on top, and sprinkle with your chopped fresh herbs..
If you find this Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.