Simple Way to Make Perfect Easy Calzones
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Calzones recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Calzones recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything instantly or that you have to completely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy calzones recipe. You can cook easy calzones using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Calzones:
- You need 1 lb of ground sausage.
- You need 1 can of medium black olives (I got whole bc its cheaper and cut them in half myself).
- Take 1 small of yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of green pepper, chopped.
- Take 8 oz of presliced pepperoni.
- Provide 4 oz of shredded sharp cheddar.
- Get 4 oz of shredded mozzerella cheese.
- Take 2 can of refridgerated pizza dough (biscuts work just fine too).
- Take 1 of egg (for eggwash).
- Use 1/3 cup of water (for eggwash).
Steps to make Easy Calzones:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fry the sausage until pink is gone. Add chopped onions and peppers and salute to your taste and drain off the grease. (We like ours a little on the crisp side!).
- Roll out pizza dough and cut into the size of rectangles you want. I made mine about 4"x6"..
- Put enough of the cheddar on the dough to cover the bottom, leaving about 1/4in around the edge to help seal..
- Spoon the sausage mix onto the cheese. Top with olives, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese..
- Cover the top with a second rectangle of dough, pinching and folding the edges around to ensure nothing falls out..
- Place on a nonstick pan (lightly greased) and poke a few holes in the top. Beat the egg and water together and brush over the top..
- Bake about 12-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. We eat ours with either marinara sauce, or just some good old ranch..
If you find this Easy Calzones recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.