Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced plum and fig chutney recipe. To cook spiced plum and fig chutney you only need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney:
- Get 250 grams of De-stoned and chopped plums.
- Provide 250 grams of Chopped fresh figs.
- Use 120 grams of Raisins.
- Get 3 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 medium of size red onion.
- Prepare 150 grams of Demerara sugar.
- Get 200 ml of Vinegar.
- Get 1 tsp of Allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 pinch of Red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Each salt and black pepper.
Steps to make Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney:
- Very finely chop the onion, add to a heavy base saucepan with a dash of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes to soften the onion, don't burn it!.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, cook for further 5 minutes stirring so as not to burn the garlic or onion..
- Add all other ingredients to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently so it dosnt stick to the bottom..
- Taste it a few times during cooking and adjust to your own taste, mine was a bit sweet initially but a few more drops of vinegar and a pinch of pepper made it perfect..
- When cooled, add to jars and refriderate. Should keep for about 4 weeks..
If you find this Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.