Steps to Prepare Homemade Japanese Pickled Cabbage
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Japanese Pickled Cabbage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Japanese Pickled Cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Japanese Pickled Cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Evidently, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese pickled cabbage recipe. You can cook japanese pickled cabbage using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Japanese Pickled Cabbage:
- Get of Napa Cabbage.
- Get of Chilli Flakes.
- Use of Salted Konbu Seaweed.
- Use of Dashi (Dry Variety).
- Use of Salt.
Steps to make Japanese Pickled Cabbage:
- Separate cabbage leaves, cut, wash and place in strainer. While the cabbage is in the strainer, salt the cabbage. (I personally like it a little salty). So, just take out the old Morton’s salt and give a nice shake for a 1 1/2 second count. Mix the cabbage up and repeat that one more time. Massage the cabbage a little bit to jumpstart the cabbage..
- Now that the salt has softened (and flavored) the cabbage and released some moisture, transfer it to a bowl. Throw in three healthy lunches of seaweed, don’t be nervous. Two big bunches of dashi and as much pepper flake as you like. That part is optional. Incorporate it well and put it in a jar. I like to press it in using a meat tenderizer and then top it off. You can always get another jar too..
- You’ll want to put it in the fridge for at least six hours. The salt will be extracting water so periodically flip the jar so everything stays moist. You’ll end up with this. Good luck..
If you find this Japanese Pickled Cabbage recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.