Steps to Make Quick Confit duck leg
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Confit duck leg recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Confit duck leg recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Confit duck leg recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Lowering costs Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen more green.
Even though it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. Maybe the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances can boil water as well as steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. You get the highest energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Environmentally friendly living is not really that hard. It’s related to being practical, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to confit duck leg recipe. To make confit duck leg you only need 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Confit duck leg:
- You need 2 of x duck legs.
- You need 1 tin of duck or goose fat or lard.
- Prepare 1/2 of bulb garlic.
- Prepare of optional aromatics.
- You need of whole spices cardoon – star anise – cloves and juniper.
- Get of hardy herbs like bay – rosemary – thyme and sage.
Instructions to make Confit duck leg:
- In my video I prepare a whole duck but assuming you have just the legs, it is a good idea to trim some excess skin off if it has any, you will add this to the pot when you cook to extract its fat. Then I like to score around the end of the drumstick, pull the skin tight and then about 1 inch from the tip cut to the bone all the way around, this cuts through tendons which speeds up cooking but also aids presentation..
- The first image here hopefully explains the cutting through tendons, then prepare the dry rub, in this case a mix of spices garlic and hers which I break down in my pestle and mortar. Don't stress if you don't have one just use a knife for the garlic and herbs and the bottom of a sauce pan for the spices. We're not making dust here just breaking them down..
- Add salt and pepper to the rub, then rub in into the exposed meat but also the skin side of the duck, for this video I also confit the wings so you see them in the last image where I cover with cling film and leave to marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge. Doesn't have to be 24hrs 6 – 8 will have an effect.
- Rinse off the rub with cold water and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper, select an oven dish large enough to fit the duck but not so large that you need more duck fat to cover it, cover this with baking parchment to protect.
- Cover again with tin foil and squeeze the edges nice and tight, cook for 4 hours at 150c / 300f or until the meat is tender. Keep the remaining fat in a tub in your fridge for the next time you make confit duck or for your next batch of roast potatoes, it keeps for months..
- To test for tenderness very carefully tease at the thigh bone with tongs, gently twist this way and that and if ready the bone with come away without any force. You can serve immediately or even chill in the fridge and re-heat the next day, when you re-heat they will brown up beautifully but you may want to cover them with foil again. As usual here is a link to my videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNRNhpFaZSA&t=2s.
If you find this Confit duck leg recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.