How to Make Quick Deena's Sassy Slaw
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Deena's Sassy Slaw recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Deena's Sassy Slaw recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to deena's sassy slaw recipe. You can have deena's sassy slaw using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Deena's Sassy Slaw:
- Prepare of Trader Joe's Shredded Cabbage (or 1 head of cabbage chopped).
- You need of Chopped Celery.
- Use of Shredded Carrots.
- Prepare of Chopped Red, Yellow and Green Peppers (if you only use one I think the orange tastes best).
- Get of Sweet Yellow Onion Chopped.
- Take of Mayo.
- Provide of Granulated Sugar.
- Provide of Milk.
- Prepare of Buttermilk.
- Use of Seasoned Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare of Hot Sauce (we use Tapatio).
- Use of Pepper.
Instructions to make Deena's Sassy Slaw:
- Empty shredded cabbage into a mixing bowl. If you are choping your cabbage I recommend putting it through a food processor to make sure it is finely shredded..
- Chop up celery, carrots, peppers & onions and add them to cabbage, and toss..
- In a separate bowl, whisk mayo, sugar, milk, buttermilk, vinegar, hot sauce and pepper until well blended..
- Once it looks like it is a dressing consistency, pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate an hour for best flavor, but may also be served right away..
If you find this Deena's Sassy Slaw recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.