Steps to Make Homemade Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These kinds of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Why don’t we begin with something not that hard, changing the light bulbs. Accomplish this for the whole house, not only the kitchen. The normal light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. Together with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly discover members of a family, and often the lights usually are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. Obviously this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off if you don’t absolutely need them, and see how much electricity you can save.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that hard. It’s related to being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy and colorful yellow cucumber and onion pickles recipe. To cook easy and colorful yellow cucumber and onion pickles you only need 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles:
- Take 3 of Cucumbers.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Get 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 2 small of knobs Ginger.
- Take 300 ml of ☆ Vinegar.
- Provide 5 tbsp of ☆ Soft light brown sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of ☆ White pepper (whole).
- You need 1 tsp of ☆Turmeric powder.
Steps to make Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles:
- Thoroughly rinse the cucumbers and ginger. Chop the top and bottom of the onion, and remove the outer skin..
- Evenly peel the skin of the cucumbers lengthwise to make a striped pattern, then slice into 1-2 cm thick rounds. Sprinkle with salt to soften..
- After cutting the onion along the grain, cut across the grain (into desired sizes)..
- Julienne the ginger without peeling the skin (or peel, for those who prefer to do so)..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients in a pot coated in enamel or other non-reactive finish, and once it is warm, add the ginger..
- Add the cucumber slices and onions and boil for about 15 minutes. If watery, set aside for about 1 hour, then boil again to reduce the liquid..
- Transfer to a resealable plastic container, and store in the refrigerator overnight, then they're done..
- They should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you want to store them longer, thoroughly remove the moisture by brining before pickling..
- The white peppercorns serve as a key accent to the pickles, but black peppercorns would also work..
- Tumeric is very health supporting ♫ If you don't have any, you could substitute with curry powder for coloring..
- I use fresh ginger, but you could also use powdered ginger. Tumeric is good for the liver, while ginger is good for the digestive system. They're both great for fighting summer fatigue..
- Also check out my recipe for Easy Refreshing Daikon Radish and Cucumber Sunomono for Summer. Try it to endure summer fatigue. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155238-easy-and-refreshing-marinated-shiso-leaf-and-cucumber-sunomono.
If you find this Easy and Colorful Yellow Cucumber and Onion Pickles recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.