Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is done, most people do not want to go to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Water is the very best drinks out there. Soda and coffee, when ingested in moderation, aren’t that bad. It will be, however, a bad idea to only drink soda or coffee. Choosing water as an alternative to other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories out of your diet— without having to deal with terrible tasting diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend exclusively on water consumption.
There are a whole lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done every day, can do plenty to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mediterranean style zucchini boats recipe. To make mediterranean style zucchini boats you need 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats:
- Use of zucchini.
- Get of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of Crock-Pot savory herb chicken slow cooker seasoning.
- Take of water.
- Provide of olive oil.
- You need of red onion, finely chopped.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of sun dried tomatoes, chopped.
- Take of kalamata olives, chopped.
- Get of capers, chopped.
- Provide of crumbled feta cheese, plus more for topping.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
Instructions to make Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats:
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix Crock-Pot seasoning with water and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
- Remove chicken from crock pot (discard remaining cooking liquids) and shred with two forks. Set aside..
- Set oven to low broil. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat..
- Add onion to skillet and sauté until translucent..
- Turn heat to low and add shredded chicken, lemon juice, chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and capers, and give a good stir. Cover and let simmer while you prepare zucchini..
- Chop ends off of zucchini and cut in half length-wise. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the middles, creating zucchini boats..
- Place the 8 zucchini halves in a greased casserole dish, and either brush the insides with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Broil zucchini in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown..
- Remove zucchini from oven, and turn oven to bake at 400°F..
- Mix feta cheese into the chicken mixture in skillet, stirring well..
- Use a spoon to generously stuff zucchini halves with chicken mixture. Top with additional feta crumbles and bake for approximately 10 more minutes at 400°F..
If you find this Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.