Steps to Make Perfect Sabudana Khichdi
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sabudana Khichdi recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sabudana Khichdi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sabudana Khichdi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers as well as hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are not able to transform things for the better without everyone’s active participation. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Begin with exchanging the lights. This will probably go beyond the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. You should replace your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these kinds of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep plenty of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. You also have to obtain the habit of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This additionally happens in the rest of the house, but we’re trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, of course. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sabudana khichdi recipe. You can cook sabudana khichdi using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Sabudana Khichdi:
- Get 3 cup of Sabudana (Tapioca balls)…… unsoaked.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of Crushed roasted peanuts.
- Provide 3 of Potatoes (boiled and cubed).
- Get of For the tempering :.
- Take 6 tbs of Homemade ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take 1 sprig of Curry leaves (8-10 leaves).
- You need 6 of Green chillies (slit lengthwise) – to be adjusted as per taste.
- Use 6 tsp of Sugar ……to be adjusted as per preference.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Sabudana Khichdi:
- To begin making the sabudana khichdi, first sieve the sabudana well to remove any tiny bits of sabudana. This will help preventing the khichdi from becoming sticky after cooking..
- Wash the sabudana thoroughly and soak in sufficient water for about 3 hours. The water level for soaking should be upto the level of the sabudana..
- After about an hour or so shuffle the sabudana so that all sabudana gets properly soaked and not just that the bottom layer is properly soaked..
- After 3 hrs, if you find that the sabudana aren’t soft enough, just sprinkle some water over it and shuffle it again and keep aside. Repeat this if necessary..
- In case you are planning to prepare the khichdi early morning, then the soaked and fully fluffed sabudana can be refrigerated overnight..
- After soaking the sabudana will almost double in quantity, if the sabudana used is of good quality..
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add the cumin seeds. When they splutter add the rest of the tempering ingredients..
- Add the chopped boiled potatoes and saute for a while.
- Now add the soaked sabudana, sugar and salt to taste. Mix well and cook covered with a lid on low flame for a few minutes stirring occasionally..
- Uncover and add the crushed roasted peanuts when the sabudana are half cooked and mix well. Check seasoning and sweetness..
- Add more ghee if desired. To reduce the use of ghee at this stage, sprinkle some milk over the khichdi and stir..
- Cover and cook again till the sabudana are cooked and soft..
- Serve this delicious Sabudana Khichdi for breakfast or for fasting with a squeeze of lemon if desired, alongwith some fresh sweetened curds!.
If you find this Sabudana Khichdi recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.