Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Even though it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. Particularly if you ensure that the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. It’s about being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) recipe. To cook kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) you need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- You need of large white onion (diced).
- Get of large carrots (diced).
- Use of large stalks of celery (diced).
- Provide of water.
- Take of lemons.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of chicken breast(s).
- Take of heavy cream (35% cooking cream).
- Provide of heaping chicken soup base.
- Provide of heaping flour.
- Prepare of large bay leaves intact.
- Prepare of each basil, garlic powder, onion salt.
Instructions to make Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Add chopped onion, carrots and celery with enough water to cover by an inch or two to crockpot (should be about 1/3rd of the size of your crockpot- adjust recipe accordingly to fit your crockpot).
- Turn crockpot on high and let cook for 3h or until boiling.
- While veggies are cooking: take the 2 lemons, slice top off of each and gently squeeze juice into small dish (~2 tbsp worth) leaving lemons intact.
- Slice lemons thick, pop seeds out using tip of a knife or a fork, place in ziplock bag in the fridge until later.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Put chicken, olive oil and lemon juice in large ziplock bag, shake, place in fridge (in a container to prevent leaking) until later.
- Once the veggies are boiling (3h), fry chicken over medium heat until white, add to crockpot.
- In a deep mixing bowl add the cream, chicken base, flour, using a hand blender mix until thick and frothy, add to crockpot.
- Continue cooking on high for one hour or until desired thickness.
- Reduce heat to low, add spices (basil, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaves), continue cooking for another 30 mins.
- Add lemon slices (they'll float on top) continue cooking on low for another 30-45mins, turn off crockpot, remove lemon slices using a slotted spoon (if you leave them longer they will begin to leave a bitter taste to the soup and the lemon taste will overpower the soup).
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper (no salt should be needed due to the chicken base), enjoy!.
If you find this Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.