Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Walnut and raisin roll (beigli) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Walnut and raisin roll (beigli) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to walnut and raisin roll (beigli) recipe. You can have walnut and raisin roll (beigli) using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Walnut and raisin roll (beigli):
- Get of For the dough:.
- Use 500 g of flour.
- Get 250 g of butter.
- Take 2 of eggs.
- You need 60 g of fine sugar.
- Take 10 g of yeast.
- Take 200 ml of lukewarm milk.
- You need of grated lemon zest.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- Provide of For the filling:.
- Take 100 g of fine sugar.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- You need 30 g of raisins.
- Take half of a lemon zest.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 300 of ground walnuts.
- Use tsp of vanilla essence.
- Take 2 tbsp of apricot jam.
- Use 1 of egg yolk for glazing.
Steps to make Walnut and raisin roll (beigli):
- Dissolve the sugar in the lukewarm milk, then add the yeast. Mix the remaining dough ingredients with the yeast mixture and knead thoroughly. Cover the dough with a dish cloth and leave to rise for about 30 minutes..
- Whilst the dough is resting make the walnut filling. In a small pan mix milk, sugar, vanilla and bring to a boil. Add the lemon zest, raisins, cinnamon, nuts, and apricot jam. Stir, then put it aside to cool. Divide the dough into four and roll out each piece into a rectangle measuring about 12 x 14 inches/30 x 35 cm..
- Spread the dough with the walnut filling and roll up lengthwise. Line your baking sheet with baking paper (parchment paper) and carefully transfer the rolls onto the sheet and brush with egg yolk..
- Bake in a preheated 180c oven for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. If kept covered and stored in a cool, dry place your beigli will stay fresh for a long time. Sprinkle with icing sugar and slice just before serving..
If you find this Walnut and raisin roll (beigli) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.