Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's leftover chicken salad recipe. You can have sig's leftover chicken salad using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad:
- Get 4 of cooked chicken breasts or equivalent other cooked chicken meat.
- You need 1 of small bunch of chives.
- Provide 2 of large tomatoes or 3-4 colourful cherry tomatoes per person.
- Use 1 of small sweetheart lettuce.
- Take 1 of unwaxed or washed lemon.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Take 4 tablespoons of cherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar).
- You need 1 of flat teaspoon sugar.
Instructions to make Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad:
- First grate lemon peel into a bowl, then squeeze the juice of the lemon over it. Gently warm your chicken pieces in a frying pan, then add the lemon juice and peel. Add salt and pepper. Gently heat until the peel has softened, it only takes a minute or two..
- Remove chicken from pan, cool down. Wash lettuce leaves, thinly slice them. Half the cherry tomatoes or cut bigger tomatoes into smaller bits. In either case remove seeds to be discarded. Chop the chives. Gently mix all together. Make a dressing by mixing the vinegar, olive oil and sugar together. Add dressing over the salad, mix gently. You can make salad without mixing chicken in, serve chicken on top of the salad instead..
If you find this Sig's Leftover Chicken Salad recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.