How to Prepare Ultimate Lemon Meringue Pie
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. Making good decisions when buying groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home quickly and eat something great. Fill your cabinets with wholesome foods. This way—even if you decide on something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are a good deal of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue pie recipe. To make lemon meringue pie you need 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Use of Crust.
- Take of pie crust, baked.
- Use of Lemon Filling.
- Get of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Lemon Zest.
- Take of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare of Unsalted Butter.
- Use of Salt.
- Take of Granulated Sugar.
- You need of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Water.
- Take of Meringue.
- Provide of Egg Whites.
- Provide of Cream of Tartar.
- Use of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare of Vanilla Extract.
- Use of Shopping Notes.
- Provide of Eggs Total.
- Prepare of Granulated Sugar Total.
- Provide of Lemons for lemon Juice.
- Get of Pie weights (Dried Beans, Dried Rice or Lentils works too).
- Provide of Parchment Paper.
Instructions to make Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Blind Bake (a) Preheat Oven to 425°F. Place crust in 9-inch pie plate. (b) Crimp the edges decoratively or press them down with the tines of a fork. Prick the dough on the bottom all over with a fork. Place a sheet of parchment paper inside the dough and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes. (c) Carefully remove the parchment and weights and bake until the crust is deep golden brown on the edges and lightly golden in the center.
- Lemon Filling (Sugar Mixture) (a) Whisk together the granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. (b) Add the lemon juice and water and whisk to combine. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. (c) Cook the sugar mixture around 6 minutes or until it begins to thickening and bubbling. Once thickened, give it a whisk and reduce heat to low..
- Lemon Filling (Temper the Yolk) (a) Whisk the egg yolks together in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup. (b) Temper the eggs yolks by slowly adding half of the hot sugar mixture to the yolks while constantly whisking. Add the tempered yolks to the saucepan and return to the heat. (c) Bring the mixture back to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, for 1 minute. (d) Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and lemon zest until completely melted and incorporated..
- Crust and Filling Pour the filling directly into the pie crust and leave on the side.
- Meringue (Foam) (a) With a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together on medium speed for 1-2 minute until bubbles foam (b) Add the sugar and salt, then continue beating on high speed for about 2 more minutes..
- Meringue (Peaks) (a) Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture feels hot to the touch. (b) Transfer the bowl to the mixer and add the vanilla. Whisk on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 5 to 6 minutes..
- Bake Back at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until meringue is brown..
- Serve Let pie sit at room temperature for 1 hour then chill for at least 4 hours before eating..
If you find this Lemon Meringue Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.