Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Ultracreamy Hummus recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ultracreamy Hummus recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ultracreamy Hummus recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One healthy alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ultracreamy hummus recipe. To cook ultracreamy hummus you only need 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ultracreamy Hummus:
- Prepare 2 (15 ounce) of cans chickpeas, rinsed.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Use 4 of garlic cloves, peeled.
- Get 1/3 cup of lemon juice (2 lemons), plus extra for seasoning.
- Take 1 teaspoon of table salt.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin, plus extra for garnish.
- Provide 1/2 cup of tahini, stirred well.
- Use 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling.
- Take 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley.
Steps to make Ultracreamy Hummus:
- Combine chickpeas, baking soda, and 6 cups water in medium saucepan and bring to boil over high heat..
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chickpea skins begin to float to surface and chickpeas are creamy and very soft, 20 to 25 minutes..
- While chickpeas cook, mince garlic using garlic press or rasp-style grater..
- Measure out 1 tablespoon and set aside; discard remaining garlic..
- Whisk lemon juice, salt, and reserved garlic together in small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Strain garlic-lemon mixture through fine-mesh strainer set over bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids..
- Drain chickpeas in colander and return to saucepan..
- Fill saucepan with cold water and gently swish chickpeas with your fingers to release skins..
- Pour off most of water into colander to collect skins, leaving chickpeas behind in saucepan..
- Repeat filling, swishing, and draining 3 or 4 times until most skins have been removed (this should yield about ¾ cup skins); discard skins..
- Transfer chickpeas to colander to drain..
- Set aside 2 tablespoons whole chickpeas for garnish..
- Process garlic-lemon mixture, ¼ cup water, cumin, and remaining chickpeas in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl as needed..
- Add tahini and oil and process until hummus is smooth, creamy, and light, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. (Hummus should have pourable consistency similar to yogurt. If too thick, loosen with water, adding 1 teaspoon at a time.).
- Season with salt and extra lemon juice to taste..
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley, reserved chickpeas, and extra cumin..
- Drizzle with extra oil and serve. (Hummus can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days. Let sit, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.).
If you find this Ultracreamy Hummus recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.